NATIONAL AGROMET CENTRE
National Agromet Centre (NAMC) include management of the agro-meteoro logical station network, data processing and its publication, weather-based crop yield and production estimates for central planning and food production strategies for Agrometeorological advisory, research, etc.
Monthly Agromet Bulletin - October 2014
“Monthly Agromet Bulletin of Pakistan” has been issued. The document covers the post analysis information for Meteorological Data as well as the reports about major crops for the past month.
The document comprises graphics & tables for Agromet data for the past month and anomaly to normal/previous conditions along with detailed discussion on the relevant issues.
The document exclusively provides Seasonal Outlook for the coming three months. Besides, a comprehensive farmer’s advisory is also included for the present month along with crop specific & animal care suggestions in national language.
* Above normal rains were reported in KP, Potohar region, Sargodha in central Punjab and Multan in southern Punjab and Gilgit in GB region. Whereas below normal rains were reported in most parts of central/southern Punjab, Sindh, Baluchistan and Skardu in GB region.
* Thermal regime in this month remained normal to above normal by 1-2°C in most agricultural plains of the country.
* ETo observed above normal and R.H mostly remained below normal in the agricultural plains of the country.
* Agricultural soils showed mostly normal to cooler trend in the country.
* Farmers are advised to cultivate Rabi crops well in time so that soil moisture stored due to monsoon rains up to this month may be fully utilized.